© CTS Financial Services Co 2015   ************************************************************************************************** What you'll need to bring when you come file your 2015 Income Tax Returns Click here for a Printable Copy ************************************************************************************************** Here are some examples of Income Documents that might apply to you. Form 1095 from your Medical Insurance Companies that covered you or your dependents during 2015 Form W-2 for EACH Job received wages from in 2015, Regardless of the amount earned. Form W-2G for EACH Lotto, Racing or Casino Winnings received in 2015. Form 1099-MISC for EACH Company, Employer or Benefits Agency for 2015 Form 1099-R for EACH 2015 Retirement, 401K, Profit Sharing or Pension WITHDRAWAL or transfer Form 1099-INT or the DOLLAR AMOUNT of Interest Earned on Checking, CD, Savings, Etc INCLUDING promotional credits such as bonuses for opening or use of the account. Form 1099-G from UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Agency which MAY include Credit Accounts Form 1099-C from Credit or Loan Debts that Cancelled or were settled for less than full balance. CLAIMING DEPENDENTS? You'll need proof of their Social Security Number or I.T.I.N. as well as their Date of BirthIf you are claiming residency-based credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit, you will also need the IRS required proof of residency documentation and certain other items for each EIC dependent. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS or call (773) 282-3200 prior to visiting us. Dependent Related Expenses Claiming Students tuition, Student Loan Payments, Child Care, After School Care, Park Leagues or Day Camp?  You will need the 1098-T forms provided for students expenses by the school and loan agencies.  Care providers and park districts will usually provide receipts an letterhead that bears the Tax ID Numbers required to claim the expenses. For more about ITINS, click here or call us at (773) 282-3200.   Using an individual as a child care provider? You will need to check with that provider to make sure you receive their exact Name, Social Security Number OR I.T.I.N.# or Employer ID Number (EIN) and dollar amount received in order to claim this on your return. CLOSED ON A HOME PURCHASE OR MORTGAGE REFINANCE IN 2015? if you PURCHASED, SOLD or REFINANCED a home 2013, be sure to bring your CLOSING STATEMENT. You'll also need to bring the 1098-Mortgage Interest Statement from your bank or mortgage company and also, many times, the broker company will also issue one. You will also need your Property Tax Bills. Rental Property Owners must ALSO bring a LIST of Utilities Paid (water, heat, etc.) and Repairs and Improvements. You should try to separate these by unit and be sure to ADD up your receipts.  You do not have to bring them in, but you will need to provide the totals and tell us what they were for you (i.e., Bathroom replaced Floor, Basement Ceiling, Garage Door, etc.).  You will also need to tell us the MONTH of purchase for certain big ticket items (Roofs, Appliances, Water Heaters, etc.). Lastly, write down how much RENT (not including rental deposits) you collected during the tax year including any Section 8 or other assistance. It would be a good idea to call us to make sure you've got all needed items. Just call (773) 282-3200 SELF-EMPLOYED / INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS / HOME-BASED BUSINESS If you worked for a company that DID NOT TAKE TAXES, or you worked for yourself in business including Hairdressers, Child Daycare Providers and Pizza Delivery Persons, you'll need to bring your 1099-MISC or the TOTALS received as well as a LIST of related expenses you incurred.  You CANNOT simply give us amounts verbally but you CAN give us a list or worksheet with the figures. You should also list MILES driven as part of the job. You may want to call us at 773-282-3200 before coming in to file these types of returns. Certain Other Deductions Here are some Other deductions that may apply to you. Bring a list of any you’ve paid with you. Donations to Churches & Charities, even non-cash items such as clothing, equipment & autos. Work Expenses include Union Dues, Uniform, Dry Clean, Tools, Education & Travel. Medical, Dental and Vision Care expenses may be deductible Gambling Losses may be used to cancel out Gambling Winnings. Investment Expenses such as E-trade monthly fees may be deductible. Safe Deposit Box Fees may also be deductible. Tax Preparation & Software Fees: Yes, our fees may be deductible as well. Uninsured Losses: Yes deductibles on your home, auto or other policy may qualify as well as out of pocket payments you make may be deductible. Unemployed or Undermployed in 2015? Costs for job-seeking expenses may be deductible. Homepage Homepage Office Hours Homepage Office Hours Claiming Earned Income Credit? You MUST verifiy the residence address for qualifying children.  Click here for more on this IRS requirement.